“You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses
entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others.”
– 2 Timothy 2:1-2 (NIV)
“Every Church with equipped and maturing pastoral leadership.”
An international coalition of pastoral training organizations accelerating pastoral training where the Church is growing, By:
• Equipping the trainers of pastoral leaders,
• Increasing the effectiveness of trainers of pastoral trainers
• Building the capacity of pastoral training organizations,
Resulting in pastoral leaders who are Christ-like servants . . . who biblically shepherd a congregation of believers to fulfill the Great Commission for the Glory of God . . . by the power of the Holy Spirit.
• A local church is only as healthy as its pastoral leaders.
• Large numbers of pastoral leaders, in contexts where the Church is growing rapidly, need essential ministry training.
• The challenge can best be accomplished by concerted, cooperative action among pastoral equipping organizations.
• The Great Commission will not be fulfilled without the effective equipping of pastoral leaders.
• Qualified pastoral leadership is critical to the health of the Church locally and globally.
• Biblical character, knowledge, and skill form the core competencies of effective pastoral ministry in any congregation.
• Cooperation reflects the Body of Christ maximizing human and financial resources.
• The best way to meet the urgent need in the world’s weaker economies is through non-traditional pastoral education methodologies.
• Training local pastoral leaders to equip the saints is the better way of doing missions in today’s world.
• Identify and network ministries, materials, and other resources on regional, national and international levels.
• Test and implement effective non-formal pastoral training models.
• Facilitate and nurture the development of indigenous non-formal pastoral education programs.
• Stimulate and enlarge the vision for non-formal pastoral leadership training among formal training institutions and churches.
Conviction. It is TOPIC if it is built on…
- The premise that an effective way to accomplish the vision is through nonformal training.
- The recognition that Scripture and the church set the training agenda for the development of God’s people.
- The strength of consistent and focused prayer initiatives.
Constituency. It is TOPIC if…
- It is a network of trainers of pastors and pastoral training organizations.
- There is respected leadership in a coordinating group committed to working with the whole body of Christ to equip pastoral leadership who lack essential ministry competencies.
Continuing Process. It is TOPIC if…
- The coordinating group steers the implementation and oversees the fulfillment of the commitments made.
- It is based on research that determines the extent of pastoral training needs, identifies existing pastoral training efforts, and measures effectiveness.
- TOPIC Best Practices for equipping pastoral leaders are researched and promoted on an on-going basis.
- It convenes consultations of pastoral trainers that lead to more and better training commitments that are S.M.A.R.T. (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time Bound).