They are both excited about serving the Church through TOPIC.
Al & Linda have been married for 49 years. They have four wonderful children and nine grandchildren.
EDUCATION – Bachelor of Science in Education from the University of the Philippines (1969), MDiv units from the Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary (1975-1977), MA units in Christian Leadership from the Azusa Pacific University (1996-1998).
– Cross-cultural missionary training in Indonesia (1969-70)
– Evangelistic training program in Japan (1970)
– Pioneered collegiate ministry in Metro Manila (1970-72)
– Appointed as full-time staff with The Navigators (1970) leading campus ministries
– Associate pastor of Calvary Baptist Church in Baguio City as part of seminary training (1976)
– Part-time teaching at Febias Bible College, Biblical (Chinese) Seminary of the Philippines and Asian Theological Seminary
– Director of Philippine Navigators’ Discipleship Training Institute (1986-2002)
– National Director of the Philippine Navigators (1985-1994)
-Launched a radio ministry over DZAS called Discipleship Hour (1985-1986)
– Wrote and published two devotional booklets on Discipleship (No Cross, No Crown and No Christ, No Change)
– Spiritual director and board member of the Philippine Bible Society (1195-2002)
– Founder/President of contextualized high-school ministry, an NGO called SIKAP (1990-present
– Initiated Operation Rice Bowl, doing mission trips to Cambodia and Thailand helping local pastors and churches (1999-present)
– National Coordinator of TOPIC Philippines (1999-present).
HEROES – Hudson Taylor, AW Tozer, J. Oswald Sanders, LeRoy Eims (Nav staff), Doug Sparks (Nav staff)
PASSION IN MINISTRY – I am a pioneer, a trailblazer. I love trying out new things of doing the ministry, especially what others have not tried in a particular setting. My greatest passion is to glorify God through a life of Christ-likeness and a ministry of fruitfulness (John 15). I am motivated to trust God for great things, for miracles, for the impossible and the unexpected.
ENJOYMENT – I enjoy working with like-minded people; I love teaching the Word to others and making a life-changing impact in the process. Our children are a source of joy to me and my wife. Gardening and enjoying the garden in my quiet moments with the Lord.
Both Otto and Guiselle have great qualifications for ministry, at both an interdenominational and international level. Otto had his first short-term foreign missionary experience at age 18 in Peru and Chile after several summers as a camp staffer and counselor in Campamento Nueva Vida. Guiselle on the other hand, at age 16 was already contributing to an evangelistic radio and TV ministry in Costa Rica. This couple met while studying in seminary wer married in 1976.
Since 1992 they have been involved with Vineyard Christian Fellowship helping ministry teams in Costa Rica, Colombia, and Ecuador. They have pastored and helped to plant churches through Vina del Este until 2000. Now they continue to train leaders.
As missionaries seconded by Christ For the City, since March 2000 the Kladenskys are serving TOPIC. Otto is Director of International projects. The family is based in Costa Rica.
TOPIC Board of Directors
– Craig Parro – Leadership Resources International
– Ramesh Richard – RREACH, Dallas Theological Seminary
– J. Paul Landrey –TOPIC, International Ambassador
– Al Bridges – TOPIC, Global